Roof cleaning can be a difficult task. There are many things that can go wrong, and if you’re not careful, you could end up damaging your roof. In this article, we will discuss 8 roof cleaning mistakes that you don’t want to make.
Homeowners in Birmingham, AL should be especially careful when cleaning their roofs.
Here are 8 roof cleaning mistakes you don’t want to make:
- Attempting to clean your roof without the proper equipment: One of the most important things you need for roof cleaning is a pressure washer. Without one, you will not be able to effectively remove all of the dirt, grime, and debris from your roof. In addition, you will also need a ladder and some other tools to help you reach those hard-to-reach areas.
- Not removing all of the debris before starting the cleaning process: It’s important that you take the time to remove all of the leaves, twigs, and other debris from your roof before starting the cleaning process. Otherwise, you run the risk of damaging your roof or leaving behind streaks.
- Using the wrong cleaning solution: Another roof cleaning mistake is using the wrong cleaning solution. You should never use a pressure washer with bleach or other harsh chemicals. These can damage your roof and cause it to deteriorate over time. Instead, you should use a mild soap and water solution.
- Cleaning in direct sunlight: One of the worst things you can do when cleaning your roof is to do it in direct sunlight. The heat from the sun can cause the cleaning solution to evaporate too quickly, which will make it less effective. In addition, it can also damage your roof if you’re not careful.
- Not rinsing off the cleaner after finishing: Once you’ve finished applying the cleaner to your roof, it’s important that you take the time to rinse it off. Otherwise, the cleaner will continue to work its way into your roof and cause damage.
- Using a power washer on asphalt shingles: If you have an asphalt roof, you should never use a power washer to clean it. The pressure from the power washer can damage the shingles and cause them to come loose. Instead, you should use a garden hose with a gentle sprayer attachment.
- Cleaning too often: You don’t need to clean your roof every single week. In fact, cleaning it too often can actually do more harm than good. Once every few months is usually sufficient.
- Not hiring a professional: One of the biggest roof cleaning mistakes is not hiring a professional. If you’re not sure how to properly clean your roof, it’s best to leave it to the professionals. They have the experience and the knowledge to get the job done right, and they can also help you avoid making any of these roof cleaning mistakes.
If you’re looking for a roof cleaning Birmingham AL professional, be sure to check out our website. We offer a wide variety of services, including roof cleaning, gutter cleaning, window washing, and more. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation! Thanks for reading!
ValorWorks Pressure Washing
2004 Belvedere Cove Birmingham AL 35242 (service area business)